Everyone knows that if you have the letter “t” in your church name/logo, it better be spelled out in the shape of a cross. I know through Christ we are free from the law, but the “t law” is still in effect. If you refuse to adhere to that, a team of Christian graphic designers come to your church and confiscate your copy of Photoshop and Illustrator and take all your fonts except for Comic Sans.
But what about the other symbols of faith? If you wanted to create the ultimate, super holiest Church logo, what would it include? And how would you judge it? If only there were a …
Stuff Christians Like Church Logo Holiness Guide:
1. You have a sun rising over a horizon, possibly spreading light through the “O” in the name of your church = + 3 points
2. A dove is flying gracefully through your logo = +1 point
3. A dove is flying gracefully through your logo with an olive branch in its mouth = +2 points
4. A dove is flying gracefully through your logo with an olive branch in its mouth and a “Jesus loves you” tattoo on one of its wings = +3 points
5. A swirl of flame is erupting somewhere on your logo = +1 point
6. There is an open Bible in your logo = +1 point
7. There is an open Bible in your logo and in tiny print you can actually see the words to John 3:16 on the page. = +2 points
8. A lion and a lamb are hanging out together on your logo = +1 point
9. A lion and a lamb are playing Frisbee golf together on your logo = +2 points
10. Crown of thorns = +2 points
11. Bedazzled crown befitting the King of Kings = +2 points
12. A worship eagle is high fiving a dove mid air = +5 points
13. There is a cluster of grapes or collection of wheat = +3 points
14. There is a chalice on the logo = +1 point
15. The chalice is encrusted with bling better suited to lil Jon, not Sweet Baby Jesus = – 3 points.
16. A big blue globe is floating somewhere in the background = +1 point
17. The scene were Elisha calls the bears down on some teenagers is somehow worked into your logo = +10 points
18. Ichthus or Jesus Fish is present = + 2 points for each
19. Instead of the letter A, you used an Icthus that kind of looks like it is walking on its tail in your church name = +3 points
The church I attend got a 0 which clearly concerns me. I think God said, “where at least two Christian symbols are gathered in a logo, there also will I be.” That’s not an exact translation but I’m pretty sure that’s in the Bible. I’ll have to counterbalance their low scoring logo by making the Stuff Christians Like logo jam packed with Christian goodness. Both “t’s” will be crosses. The “f’s” will actually be shepherd crooks. And the C will be the open mouth of a bear from the Elisha story. It’s all coming together, it’s all coming together now.
How did your church score?