I need this cone.

The irony of sharing this cartoon on social media and therefore phones, is not lost on me. But cartoonist Liam Francis Walsh knocked it out of the park with this one.

Do you need this cone too or am I the only one?

Cone

Comments

1. Iryssa says

Ever since the release of iOS 7 my phone has been so frustratingly slow that I don’t *want* to use it as much anymore! But neither do I want to shell out $600 for a new one when my iPhone 4 (yes, you’re reading that right) still works perfectly well for doing what a cellphone was designed to do. Moral of the story is this: Refraining from upgrading your phone may save your wallet *and* your relationships. lol

• Howie says

I have you beat….I still have the iPhone 3! And yes, it still works perfectly! So what if it belongs in the Smithsonian? :-D

2. Melody says

I really don’t have a problem with this. I mess with my phone most when I’m bored or waiting on someone to get back to me on something important, otherwise it’s just not that interesting.

3. The_Other_Tom says

I was playing a game on my phone while waiting in the doctor’s office last week.
    There was an older gentleman across the room from me wearing a hat that boldly stated that he was a Marine!
    He was desperately trying to start a conversation with an uninterested younger man about what being a Marine in World War II was like.
    It made me sad.
    I put my phone down and thanked him for his service.

4. Jane Oschner says

People use their phones in public like personal bubbles. Putting up an invisible “don’t approach or talk to me” sign. I think it’s not only rude, but downright sad people would rather be elsewhere than where they are. Next time you’re tempted to take out your phone in public, stop. Look around you. Don’t look for a thing to tweet about. Just look. Chances are you might find something you would have normally missed. Jerry Seinfeld put it best when he asked smartphone addicts if they’d mind if he just held up a magazine in front of his face when they were talking. Listen to Jerry. Put your phones down.

5. Claudia says

I still have a non-smart phone that is more than five years old. I’m happy with it and see no reason to join the wireless revolution.

• Lucie says

Claudia, I also have a non-smart phone – that I hardly ever turn on. My phone before that was so old and dumb that it didn’t even have photo capacity. I’m glad to hear I still have some company.

6. Lazarus says

I do NOT need the cone. Because I have “The Wife.” She has the same effect as the Cone but with much more of a threat of bodily harm. And abstinence.

TMI?

7. Dan from Georgia says

I personally don’t need this cone. It amazes me as I look around at restaurants, the airport, stores, etc, how many people are constantly looking at their phones, doing that little finger scrolling motion on the screens. Are people that bored in life? What is it?

• Ashley says

When people check their phones, it provides them with an instant sense of validation. Ooh, someone liked my Instagram! Ooh, someone wrote on my Facebook wall! Ooh, someone retweeted me! Its akin to a bunch of lab rats waiting at the chute for another pellet to fall down. Its not that so many people are bored (although a lot are) but more that we have been trained to seek our validation from our social media outlets. Phones are just the fastest way to get our fix.

• Lucie says

I’m with you, Dan. A couple of years back I went to an office farewell luncheon where one of my coworkers spent half the meal scrolling on her phone. She also did this on the way to the restaurant and back. I wanted to say, “What the heck is so interesting or important that you can’t connect with your coworkers for an hour and a half?” People seem oblivious to how rude they are being!

8. Johnny. B. Hall says

My phone, Samsung Galaxy IV, has the annoying feature of emitting the same signal for a text message as it does many other functions. Our son, who knows all about these things, cannot change it. Phones are the way my family and I stay in touch, which is really quite important, and it is not always convenient, polite, or appropriate to call them, on either end of the call, so text ( non-driving) is the answer. I can answer my phone safely while driving.

I don’t tweet; I don’t understand it, and I can’t imagine limiting myself to 140 characters; and I don’t play games. I use my phone for communication, both local and long-distance, info (pretty useful in a Sunday school class), and figuring out the appropriate gratuity, and no, it is not always 20 percent. Trouble is, when I am home, and the phone is one floor away, I can never get to the phone in time to answer a call!

9. olive garden says

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful
    & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you
    helped me.

10. options binaires says

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it
    helped me out a lot. I hope to offer something again and help others such as you aided
    me.

11. Keenan says

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web page is really pleasant.

Also visit my site … clash of clans hack (Keenan)

12. http://vdoxhd.com says

I tend not to leave a response, however after browsing some of the remarks
    on this page I need this cone. – Stuff Christians Like.
    I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s okay.

Is it just me or do some of the responses come across like they
    are written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on
    additional online sites, I would like to follow everything new you have to post.
    Could you make a list of every one of all your public sites like
    your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

13. hungry shark cheats says

I blog often and I really appreciate your information.
    This great article has really peaked my interest. I will book
    mark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week.

I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

14. Hal says

Pretfty ѕection of content. I јust stumbled upoin уour blog аոd іn
    accession capital to assert tɦat I acquire
    аctually enjoyed account үoսr blog posts. Any wayy I’ll bе subscribing to yoսr augment аnd eνen I achievement you access consistently ԛuickly.

Аlso visit mʏ homepage – purogame.net (Hal)

15. gardening Tools says

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it,
    you might be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your
    blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage continue your great posts,
    have a nice day!

16. dermexclusivereviews.weebly.com says

This is because they are inexpensive and can be used to produce items that can be marketed successfully at huge profits.
    Fresh Ingredients: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida) , Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus) , Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis) , Olive Oil (Olea europaea) ,
    Stearic Acid , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) ,
    Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Orange Blossom Absolute
    (Citrus dulcis) , Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum) , St.
    Product range available with Mac cosmetics is quite varied.
    Receipt by the questionnaire, the reporter found, cosmetics major consumer group focused on 20 to 40 age group of women, which Youyi 23-year-old “80″ after “after 90″ as the main force,
    accounting for 61%. If you care for your health I recommend you read
    the labels. Gold bands no longer hold these replacement teeth in place;
    instead they now use titanium rods implanted in the jaw bone to attach the tooth
    to. Minerals and pigments are jet milled pharmaceutical grade with certified organic botanicals.
    , Few Alternatives to Testing on Animals”, the US manufacturer behind the drug, tests for the correct human dosage of each batch, by injecting it into lab mice. ” Head
    of a shopping mall cosmetics frankly, cosmetics shelf life of about three years,
    Despite the introduction of new regulations, but has been around for the cosmetics shelf life can still the market, so it is basically on the market before the old packaging.
    Its great to feel organised and have those
    little bits and pieces all together in one place, ready for when you need them.
    Looking over the ingredient list for most cosmetic products, from eye shadow to
    body lotion, there are usually about two or three dozen ingredients, most of which
    are unrecognizable. When you use these cosmetic products, you
    stand to gain several benefits and advantages like:.
    Bursting with fresh , juicy organic pink grapefruit this citrus explosion is great for cleansing away grime, refreshing
    your skin and your mind. Weak and damaged strands get nourished and hair follicles become healthy.
    It successfully claims that it has the capability to beautify women regardless of
    their age groups.

17. Leonora says

Follow these tips and the next time you are out buying a dog toy,
    you will be able to safely pick a toy that is suitable for your dog.
    If the marrow bones get grungy after your shih tzu eats out the treat in the
    middle, put them in the dishwasher. Find your nearest home using a service using an online search to see if these children could benefit from part of your
    unwanted toy stash.