Here at Dave Ramsey’s Lampo Group, Inc., we like to keep things nice and simple. However, the lawyers tell us we’ve got to have rules. So, here they are.
“Gazelles, Baby Steps and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt Giveaways”—Official Rules
1. Who is eligible: You don’t have to buy anything, but you must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 18 years of age. If there’s a problem, which we don’t expect, United States and Tennessee laws will govern this sweepstakes. No purchase is necessary. Product purchases or other interactions with the Lampo Group will not increase your chances of winning.
2. Who is not eligible: Sorry, but you are not eligible if you are an officer or employee of Lampo or of radio stations carrying The Dave Ramsey Show; Endorsed Local Providers of Lampo or Lampo-trained Counselors; persons working on this contest at any level in any capacity or working for any outside companies or agencies involved in the contest, or if any of your immediate family members fall into any of these categories.
3. The Entry Period: This sweepstakes will contain 11 entry days, beginning November 22, 2010, and ending December 2, 2010. Each 24-hour day, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., CST, there will be a separate contest with separate prizes.
4. The Selections: There will be 11 separate winners selected. The selection from among the eligible entrants for each 24-hour day will be held after December 6, 2010.
5. How to Become Eligible On Line: You will be eligible to win a given day’s prize if you pre-order (or order after it’s available on November 29, 2010) Jon Acuff’s new book, Gazelles, Baby Steps and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt on-line at www.daveramsey.com during that 24-hour day.
6. How to Become Eligible by Mail: You will be eligible to win a given day’s prize (when the winner is selected after December 6, 2010) if you write your name, address, and an e-mail address on a 3×5 card and mail it to The Lampo Group, Inc. 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, TN 37027 Attn: “Gazelles, Baby Steps and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt Giveaways,” Marketing Department. Mailed entries will be eligible to win during the 24-hour day when they were actually received and processed.
7. Incomplete or Multiple Entries: You may enter as many times as you want during each 24-hour day, provided that you enter separately and completely each time. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
8. Cumulative Prizes: Over the 11 days of this contest, the prizes may include an iPad, , Dave Ramsey products including: Live Event tickets, calendars, banks, audio books, games, product bundles, e-gift certificates, Nintendo Wii, books, personal thank you calls from Jon Acuff, guest blog posts from Jon Acuff, and Christmas card written by Jon Acuff. The total value of all prizes is approximately $1,500; there will be 11 prizes during the 11 days of giveaways.
9. Daily Prizes: If you are a 24-hour day’s winner, you will receive that day’s featured prize from among the prizes listed on www.daveramsey.com. The day’s featured prize will be announced via Twitter by Jon Acuff (@jonacuff) each day. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prizes is permitted, except that we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the prize winners.
10. The Process: Your entry must be received during the Entry Period to be qualified for that 24-hour day’s selection, since each 24-hour day’s winner will be selected from among all entries actually received during that 24-hour day. Your non-winning entry which was eligible during any 24-hour day’s selection process will not be carried over into any subsequent 24-hour day’s selection processes. All selections will be blind and totally random.
11. Entries not received: We can’t be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mailed entries, or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may prevent or postpone your entry’s receipt. Your entry will become our property once we receive it, and it will not be returned. Your odds of winning a prize on any 24-hour day will depend on the number of eligible entries received that day.
12. Entrant’s agreement: By entering, you agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions we make regarding this contest, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter.
13. Announcing winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or by telephone, and may be announced live during the Dave Ramsey Show on the radio. Non-winners may also be notified by e-mail.
14. Signing documents: If you win, you will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release before you receive your prize. If you decide you would rather not sign the release which we submit to you, you will not receive your prize.
15. Using your name and image: By entering, you grant us the right to use and publish your proper name, city and state of residence online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the contest. You also grant us the right to use your name and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless this is prohibited by law.
16. Entrant’s release: By entering, you agree in advance to release and hold harmless us (The Lampo Group, Inc.) and our subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from, or in connection with, this contest or any prize won.
17. Termination of contest: Should this contest be terminated prior to the end of the Entry Period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on www.daveramsey.com.
18. Government form: Sorry, but if you win you’ll have to sign, and return to us, an IRS form W-9 before receiving your prize. And we are required by IRS Circular 230 to tell you that neither these Rules nor any other communication regarding this giveaway is written or communicated for the purpose of helping you avoid any penalties that may be imposed by federal tax law, and neither you nor any other affected taxpayer may use them that way.
19. Jurisdiction and Venue: Tennessee law applies to this contest. Void where prohibited for any reason. All disputes resulting in legal action shall be resolved in the courts of Williamson County, Tennessee and Entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Should Lampo find it necessary to seek legal assistance to enforce its rights, its damages, if any, shall include its reasonable legal expenses and fees.
20. Internet and mobile: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal.
21. When bad things happen: We assume no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where by the exercise of ordinary care we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it.
22. Winners’ list: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Lampo Group, 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027, Attn“Gazelles, Baby Steps and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt Giveaways” Marketing Department. Requests received after one month following the drawing date will not be filled.
23. The sponsor: This contest is sponsored by us, The Lampo Group, Inc., 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027.
24. Rights claimed: This contest and these Rules are Copyright 2010 by Lampo Licensing, LLC, and all rights to our trademarks and trade names owned by Lampo Licensing, LLC, are likewise reserved.
There. You did it. Now that wasn’t so bad, was it?