This is exactly the post you expected to find today on Stuff Christians Like.
I bet you thought, “You know what? I imagine Jon is going to compare a Latin beer commercial to Jesus one of these days.” And today my friend, is indeed that day. Actually last Sunday was because I posted it too soon, but then took it down and moved it to today.
The reason I’m writing this is because Dos Equis currently has a campaign called “The most interesting man in the world.” In the commercial, they tell us about a wildly interesting gentlemen. They make statements like, “His blood smells like cologne. He speaks Russian in French. People hang on his every word, even the prepositions.” The commercials are brilliantly funny and I included two examples at the bottom of this post.
But as a Christian prone to completely ripping off popular culture, or as I like to say, “liberating it from satan,” I really felt like it was time to set the record straight with the management at the Dos Equis corporation.
Jesus, is the most interesting man. Seriously, it’s not even close. He’s the most amazing person who has ever lived.
Why do I say that? The proof is undeniable and I will now attempt to write it out as if it were in fact a commercial.
Why is Jesus the most interesting man in the world?
1. His birth was announced by a powerful supernova star, not a cheap greeting card.
2. As a child, he used to go to the temple to teach old men.
3. He once celebrated a 40 day fast by headlocking the devil himself into verbal submission.
4. He is known to go for long walks. On water.
5. When his friend Lazarus died, he didn’t bring him flowers, he brought him back to life.
6. When he throws parties, he doesn’t order a novelty 10 foot long sub, he multiples fish and loaves.
7. He is an epic fishing partner and knows exactly where to throw the nets.
8. His words are so important that if you were to print them, they would automatically come out in red.
9. He once used a mud mask to heal someone of blindness.
10. At parties, he doesn’t bring wine. He turns water into it.
11. Long before Lance Armstrong, he was so popular, that people wore bracelets and wondered, “What would Jesus do?”
12. When he shows up at parties, people don’t wait in line to get inside. They cut holes in the roof to get in.
13. He is so unconcerned about taxes that he keeps his money in a fish.
14. He doesn’t weather big storms, he stops them. With words.
15. Despite his stature, he’s so humble that one of the last things he ever did was wash his friend’s feet.
16. When he was baptized, his friends from small group didn’t cheer in church. God audibly gave him a shout out.
17. At concerts when people are overly excited, they don’t yell “Hooray,” they scream his name out loud.
18. When his friends get in fights, he doesn’t break them up. He puts peoples’ ears back on their head.
Those are my reasons for feeling that Jesus is in fact the most interesting man in the world. How about you?
What would you add to this list?
(Examples of commercial)