Every week, someone random emails me about advertising on Stuff Christians Like. The email inevitably reads like this:
“Dear Jon, we love your blog. We run a company that specializes in deep sea cave underwater exploration. We think your readers would really like what we do and that SCL is a perfect fit for underwater cave cameras. Can we advertise with you?”
Now don’t get me wrong, I like morey eels as much as the next guy. And the electric eel? That thing is insane. (I guarantee God calls them “lightning eels.” That name is so much cooler.) But that just doesn’t fit.
So when it came time to find some partners we could work with in 2011, I wanted to make smart decisions. That’s why I am excited about what we’ll be doing in January with E-mealz.
Who are they? They’re a family of sisters who for years have created a unique approach to recipes and family time. Essentially, they offer easy to use meal plans. They come in dozens of varieties and are so simple even I can do it. But why am I?
1. I went to their house and hung out with them. They’ve got a tremendous heart for the Lord and see their work as adding valuable family time back to the home and rescuing meal time back from busy schedules.
2. I need to lose about 15 pounds and eating healthier is something I want to do.
3. We’re trying to be smarter with our money and the cost-saving options with E-mealz are great. The food portion of our budget is really the only flexible option. We can’t work smarter on our mortgage for instance and see cost savings.
4. When my family makes pancakes together on a Saturday morning we have a blast. With me traveling more I wanted to find creative ways to spend time with my family. Now, we’re going to be shopping for and preparing meals together using e-mealz.
5. It’s only $5 a month.
6. They’ve advertised with Dave Ramsey for a while and are practically part of the family around here.
My family is starting on the E-mealz plan next week and I encourage you to give it a look. You can find the info right here. We’ll also be doing a special 90 day challenge in January. More details to come.
I promise that you’ll never see deep sea cave gear on SCL. I promise that when I personally find something I dig, I’ll share it with you honestly and openly.
Looking forward to 2011 with E-mealz. Check them out!