Don’t judge me.
Let me explain first. Let me tell you why, if you saw me on Sunday at church, you might realize I’m wearing the same exact clothes to work on Monday.
1. I’m not talking about the same underwear or socks.
2. I don’t go to a charismatic church, so I don’t get sweaty during service by dancing or rigorous clapping.
3. I hate picking out clothes and am horrible at “matching things.” Sometimes I’ll come home after work and my wife will say, “Is that what you wore all day?”
4. I take my church clothes off as soon as I get home from church. (And immediately change into work out clothes, but you probably assumed that already given my American Gladiator-like torso.)
5. I’d wore a uniform if it was socially acceptable. Not like Superman, with the tights and all, but same pair of jeans, same black t-shirt, every day if I could.
And I’m not saying this will work for everyone. Here are a few exceptions you need to consider if you’re going to wear your church clothes to work:
1. Do you wear a big Sunday hat? One of those old-school hats that is so large it has its own weather system? Probably can’t wear that to work.
2. Does your job require you to wear overalls without a shirt underneath? I’m talking specifically to every guy on every new reality show (e.g. Moonshiners, Swamp People, The Call of the Wildman, etc.) If so, don’t wear that to church.
3. Are you in the choir and have to wear a robe on Sunday? Don’t wear that to work on Monday. Unless you work at Hogwarts.
4. Do you volunteer in the kids’ Sunday School department? You’re going to be covered with glue and glitter by the end of the day. Don’t wear those clothes to work. Unfortunately, the first thing some folks will think when they see glitter all over you is not, “I bet that guy teaches Sunday School.” They’ll think you went to a dance establishment.
There, does that make you feel better at all?
Again, not talking same underwear. I’m talking same jeans, same sweater, same shoes, same beret. What? People aren’t wearing berets to church where you live? Oh man, you’re missing out. “Bible Berets” are huge in Nashville right now.
Stand proud, have you ever worn the same clothes to work on Monday that you wore to church on Sunday?