A few weeks ago I saw this van on the road. And it immediately prompted so many questions in my head:
1. Why give Jesus a modern guitar but not a modern outfit?
2. Would this have been weirder if Jesus was in skinny jeans and a deep v neck t-shirt or less weird?
3. Were all the robes back then that “bathrobey” looking? It kind of looks like Jesus just stepped out of a spa, was handed a plush cranberry robe and a guitar and decided to rock.
4. Where is this person going? Because I want to go to there.
5. How did the driver of this car convince his wife this was a good idea? I’ve been trying to talk Jenny into us getting a Honda Ruckus scooter for years and haven’t made any progress. This guy needs to negotiate hostage situations.
6. Is the “And I say hello,” a reference to the Beatles song?
7. Or is the “And I say hello” a reference to what this driver is known for? Maybe he’s saying, “If I was in a band with Jesus, he would play lead guitar and I would just say ‘hello’ over and over again. When you’re rocking out with Jesus, you don’t even need the guy on cowbell, but Jesus does like a backup singer to say, “hello, hello, hello.”
8. Was it tempting to paint, “Peter Rocks and Jesus Rolls” on this van? With maybe a picture of Jesus playing the drums on the stone that was rolled away from the tomb? That’s probably the direction I would have gone.
9. What does this guy’s other car look like? Or his house?
I have so many questions, but I have just one I’d love you to answer today in the comments:
What scene do you think is painted on the hood of this van?