My friend Amanda sent me this image.
I immediately was struck with the following thoughts:
1. Remember that verse in Galatians that talked about the need to put bumper stickers on your donkey? Right there on that burro, you were supposed to slap a little Jesus fish.
2. How boring is the rest of judgment day if you suddenly realize you should have put more stickers on a car? No angels, no majesty of God, no wonders filling your vision. It will be so dull that the bumper sticker collection on your 2003 Honda Accord will pop into your head.
3. How sinless has the rest of your life been if a bumper sticker makes the list of things you failed?
4. Can you imagine God saying, “I sent my son to die for you, but it’s time to address your lack of bumper stickers?”
5. Do you think that when you apply a sticker it’s like when Jesus said the angels celebrate over a sinner being saved? Are they in heaven, shouting out in winged jubilation, “Blessed be your name!” (Even there they sing that song.)
6. Once you put a bumper sticker on any part of your car that is not your bumper you’ve crossed into scary territory as far as I’m concerned.
That’s what I think about this sticker.
What do you think?